Friday, September 25, 2009

Shopping Blog #1 Neckline Slimmer


Neckline Slimmer (by Dayle Brodkin)

"Reverse the Effects of Aging Without Cosmetic Surgery!" "No more Loose or hanging skin, no pain, no expensive surgery!" "Firm, lift, and smooth in just two minutes a day!'
I discovered this product one night while i could not sleep on an infomercial. This product stood out to me because I did not believe that anyone would actually use this, and wanted to know more about the product.
The creator of this product is a man named Paul Younane. I wondered why he wanted to create a project to rid women of their double chins. Younane is an ex rugby player, turned PE coach, and now a fully qualified physiotherapist. He wants to help others get in shape, and his personality and drive to succed motivates all those around him. Younane says that the neck muscles are just like any other muscles in your body, and if you don't exercise your neck muscles, they will weaken and sag.
This product is a small exercise device used to tighten up the jowl area. This product must be used for two minutes a day for up to 6 or 8 weeks long. It tightens the face and neck muscles for a reduced, slimmer neckline. This product costs $19.99, and this product is an infomercial that can be ordered online, or through the television.
Honestly, I think this product looks ridiculous. It sort of looks like a pogo stick for your chin. I would never want to be seen using something like that. I wanted to know what people really thought of this product, whether good or bad.
Some people commented that it did indeed work, and that they look younger, and can now see a prominent jawline. Some people rudely commented that these women should just try to lose weight naturally, eat right and exercise. Although after my research i found that some double chins are not from being overweight, but can be caused by genetics or bad posture. Some women who are 105 lbs and are CLEARLY not overweight can have a problem with double chins.
For only $ 20 it is a lot cheaper than surgery so i say to those women why not just try it. Too many women these days are getting plastic surgery to make themselves look younger, or look like something they are not. Honestly I have no problem with plastic surgery, but to an extent. Getting a nose job is one thing, but trying to change everything about yourself is another.
Although i think this product LOOKS ridiculous, and can look like a "pogo stick for your chin," I can not judge if it works or not, or if it is truly effective. I can not judge a book by it's cover. If it does work for some women than I say go for it, it's cheaper than plastic surgery, although it may not last as long.

4 comments:

  1. Outrageous! Thanks for this entry (nice blog layout too!!). It strikes my attention that a lot of the infomercial products cost approximately $20.00. I wonder what it costs to make and run an infomercial, and the rest of the economics to this kind of product. This product also reminds me of the stacks of necklaces that the Maasi (East Africa) wear in their youth to elongate the neck....so, i wonder if necks can really be streched out on adult bodies.....at any rate, I agree w/ you--this is a curious product!!! Thanks for this entry :) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite outrageous indeed. In my experience, double chins and a sagging jowl line are more indicative of bad posture and forward neck/head carriage. I had this problem but for the most part solved it with curls/sit- ups focusing on my neck. I'm curious as to why Younane doesn't advocate this as well (because this is more profitable and more of an easy fix?).

    Also, I've seen more men afflicted with this issue than women, so I wonder why this ad is not addressing the male gender. I suppose men in our culture do not need to focus nearly as much on their appearance as women. Whereas women need to embody the feminine ideal whenever they go out into public, men just need to wear shorts and a schlubby shirt. That's a bit of hyperbole on both ends but you know what I mean...

    Also, it seems the whole product has a whiff of misogyny and hypocrisy when a man is selling the product. This was a fine blog entry.
    ---David (Wexler)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found Nice skin Slimmer for mens in your article and the same available for pets also.Luxury Pet Accessories

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to testify of how DR MOSES  herbal mixture cream enlarged my penis size. i never thought i will be happy again in my life because of my small penis situation,i have struggling with this issue my life time and i could not find a professional result i wanted ,i ave went to hospitals,used vaccines,tried several herbs online ,penis pumps and all but none rendered me the solution i wanted ,i felt like killing when my fiance KIMBERLY left me after undressing myself in front of her,my size was too embarrassing and shameful imagine a 37 years old man like me having 3.5 inches penis size..the world seem to an end to me when she left,  one faithful day as i was watching a video on you tube i saw on the comments of one MR PAUL HAVERSACK testifying of this great herbal healer DR MOSES helped him enlarge his penis .i was shocked and happy so i quickly visited his website and emailed him within 30 mins he got back to me and told me all i need to buy and i did so after 4 days i received his herbal medicine ,he gave me instructions on how to use it ,as i am speaking to you people now after using the cream for just two weeks my penis size is 10 inches long and 8.0 girth ,,am so happy and grateful for his work in my life thank you so much Dr MOSES ,,i also learnt he has cure for LOW SPERM COUNT,PREMATURE EJACULATION,ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION,HIV/AIDS VIRUS,DIABETES 1/2,HERPES DISEASE,CANCER,and lots more you can email him on ( buba.herbalmiraclemedicine@gmail.com ) or call/whats-app him directly on +2349060529305 thanks or you can call me 05019914802 am from Royal Arkansas united state or You can go through is website https://bubaherbalmiraclemedicine.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete